Our Children are Our Future
We have established Foundation For Our Children to make a difference in the lives of children and families in crisis.
We will help children and families following disasters, who are food insecure, and who deserve access to education.
The initial priority in a disaster or crisis is the health and safety for children and their families. That means providing immediate safe shelter, food, clothing, and medical care.
Emotional & Mental Healing
The second priority is the need for emotional and mental healing. Children in particular are faced with feelings of fear, loss of family and friends, grief, hopelessness, disorientation, and helplessness in the face of their dramatically changing world. The mental health of these children and families will be affected likely for a lifetime.
Disruption of Education
The third priority is the disruption of education through destruction of schools, relocation of family units and children being forced to find work to support the family’s daily needs. The result is that the children will have limited access to successful futures without adequate education.
- We must create positive change through conscious global humanitarian leadership.
- Change in the world begins with each and every child.
- Every child deserves a purposeful life made possible through safety, health, shelter, food, and educational opportunity.
- Education raises individual awareness, creates positive change, and develops core value systems.
- Holistic management of long term emotional, psychological, and medical effects of crisis is critical for the well-being of children, families, and first responders to natural disasters or other crises.